Thread: No Party In The Park this year....

No Party In The Park this year....

London's annual Party in the Park concert has been scrapped because organisers say they are unable to attract big names to perform.

The summer event, which has regularly attracted more than 100,000 revellers since the first event was held in 1998, has been one of the major events on the capital's music calendar, attracting acts such as Sir Elton John, Bon Jovi, Tom Jones and Westlife to play in London's Hyde Park.

However, the event was shelved last year to make way for Bob Geldof's Live8 charity concert which was also held in the park.

And now organisers Capital Radio and charity group The Prince's Trust have decided to call time on this summer's event after attempts to secure an A-list line-up proved unsuccessful.

'We think it is time to move the event on. I wouldn't like to say we would never do it again but we're looking at new events instead,' a Capital Radio spokeswoman told the Evening Standard.

The Prince's Trust has announced that it will hold an alternative concert at an as yet unspecified location in Cornwall this summer as a replacement for the London event.

The charity group remains keen to revive Party in the Park in 2007.
    Britney Source - www.britneysource.co.uk
    Mcfly Generation - www.mcfly.generationnetwork.co.uk - CLOSED

That's a petty. I love party in the park

i read that somewhere, i used to love watching that, and used to watch it over on itv2 as well i know last year was not on becauseof live8, so thought would be on again this yeari remember going to see a free concet puton by capital in july 1996 @ clapham common they had robbie williams, east 17, peter andre, the spice girls, light house family and many more but @ the mo cant remmeber , did any one else go to that or remember it?

Thread Information