Generation STEPS banner
Generation STEPS » Forum
    Haha, no. I think the version of "Lay All Your Love On Me" by STEPS is far too bouncy. After listening to the original version by ABBA, the song is dark in texture -- STEPS' is not.

The A*Teens version is, at least as far as I think, better than the STEPS version. Also, you have to look at ages when the songs were recorded and whatnot. Then again, I am a staunch fiend of A*Teens.:P

I do think, however, that "I Know Him So Well" is better than the Chess version by a vast degree. That is so beyond brilliant with the STEPS vixens singing it.

Abba sang i know him so well? i thought that bjorn and benny wrote it for chess project...

Uh, no. I mentioned the Chess project:P

People usually group them with ABBA work, because technically, it can be called that. When looking at the majority of the ABBA projects; the writers were Benny and Bjorn.

And also because they performed it at ABBAmania:P

oh.. ok

Yeap!

As a side note . . . The CD for that program was very, very hard to find.

yes... its really hard to find :(

while I agree that people these days have A.D.D. and need constant movement on stage or whatever, i think that as singers, singing needs to take a forefront in live performances. i'm not sure if anyone has been to a kelly clarkson concert, but that's what i'm trying to illustrate. she doesn't have complicated dance routines, but her voice in itself is able to get the whole theatre (arena, concert hall, whatever) pumped up.

i also agree with people who said that A*Teens can't sing live. i made the mistake of going to one of their concerts, wow...

as for LAYLOM, i agree that the Steps version doesn't do justice to the lyrics (as with some A*Teens versions of ABBA songs). i think that is just trying to make the song more dancy/in-line with the Steps sound.
    Click here to visit site. Thanks for watching.

i quite like some of abba,s songs,i have their gold greatest hits album n some times when i listen to abba for some reason they remind me of steps! but i must say tho on the odd occasion i,ve seen an abba concert on vh1 or something i,ve turned off after awhile.

Oh man, I love watching ABBA perform.

I've never been able to stand for Steps versions of ABBA songs (I love I know him so well, but that's not even an ABBA song). I've been too spoiled of A*Teens versions, and I'm a little biased. I've been a diehard A*Teens fan since their first year, and I think their versions of ABBA's songs are amazing. Their vocals might not be up to par, but they kept the same feeling in their covers as the orignals. Steps, I'm afraid, did not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information