Generation STEPS banner
Generation STEPS » Forum
    Haisamsibu, if you could find the aisian thing id really appareciate it! Thanks for all your help everyone.

I think the south east asian tour was done even for One For Sorrow was released in the UK. Cause I remember seeing their album before I read about One For Sorrow (with Steps on the cover) in Smash Hits, UK. Oh, and at that point of time, the video they were hosting a program on MTV and were "promoting" on MTV South East Asia was Last Thing On My Mind.

So I'm pretty certain it was before OFS era.

Also, during the Steptacular era, there was a competition to meet them for dinner after a showcase in Bangkok. (And apparently, I called and won the chance to do so, until the radio DJ deemed me as too young to travel to Bangkok from Singapore. - I was 14 back then. What a major shame.)

They did do a small-scale concert thing in Japan. They didn't even have dancers with them. There was a dance competition in which the fans participated in. It was the time when they promoted Buzz and when Lisa was engaged. On the concert they did their new songs and old songs, from 5678 to It's the way you make me feel.

They were also interviewed by various media from Asia.

and yes, that's exactly the extra stuff included in the Gold DVD.

i got all the newspaper article about them when they visit malaysia!

I remember seeing Steps on TV for Tragedy and again for AFter the Love Has Gone (this is Hong Kong) not sure what else they actually did though over here.

Wink

Here in Philippines, as i remember they had a tour here promoting their first two singles "5678" and "Last Thing On My Mind." i think that was around 1997. i was still in grade school. they have even performed in a local tv show here which i of course took the opportunity to see them.

After such, i never heard of them touring in Philippines but was still able to buy their albums and read news about them.

sky_7steps

So in conclusion-At some point between about 1997 and 2001 Steps toured asia! LOl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information