Generation STEPS banner
Generation STEPS » Forum
    They lipped basically their whole career, including most of their tours. Then the Gold Tour came around and the whole thing was basically live except for 2 songs. . Why the sudden change?!

As previously explored, the Gold Tour was largely lipsynced as well - Though, rather than to the original studio vocals, it was to a re-recorded version of the songs, to simulate a live performance. Very few of the songs on that tour were performed live at all.

The reason why they chose to give a seemingly-live performance for the Gold Tour? My belief is that it was a "Greatest Hits" tour, so they wanted to kick things up a notch; as well as cover for some of the flack they got for excessive lipsyncing.

I noticed that Steps sang Words Are Not Enough live alot on TV. Including CD:UK and TOTP. I actually prefer that song live becasue Claire holds onto the Enough a lot longer and the way she sings it is beautiful

Banned
    They sang a few live things on TV nearer the end...

i think that ALL stars should sing live on their tours, I would, people have come to see you sing/dance not to dance miming :o

Calvin
    Well it depends on wot kind of tour the STAR wonts 2 do, if they wont a fantastic dancing show they mime or if they wont 2 sing just standing still it depends on the artist i think!

umm steps actually did all their ballads live on tv, well, most of them anyway =)
    - Darian
    Moderator & Multimedia:
    Generation Steps

i suppose your right, i think they didn't mime when they held a micropone in there hand

like this

in the very begining, I almost believed that STEPS sang live on the Gold Tour, but then when i saw the PPV vid more and more I started to be very sure the show was mimed coz of different things like the stability of their voices, their mouth movements, the sudden appearance of their ear monitors... etc etc......

but yes, usually,probably not all, the hand-held-mic performances were live. I was impressed to see Lisa singing live completely on the Next Step tour in the performance of JLTFT, even the energetic dance!

lol the GOLD tour was SO not live.... its painstakingly obvious

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information